Friday, April 04, 2003

Surfing

Now, every self-respecting coastal californian should've done some surfing. Sure, the waters around SF can send you into hypothermia in minutes but that's what they have wetsuits for.

Ruth and I decided to plunge into surfing this year. Roland (my colleague) is an avid (or should i say, rabid) surfer. We tagged along with him and went out to sea. We rented wetsuits and boards in Pacifica and took to the beach. After about 3 minutes of instructions, we were in the water, try to figure out how to get our bodies on the damn board without having the waves tip us over. To add to the difficulty, I had a hole in my rented wet suit somewhere in the crotch area so needless to say, it wasn't a very pleasant experience. However, I did like the sport and decided that I would get my own wetsuit. That would also get me invested in the game.

All that's needed is practice, practice and more practice.

Wetsuit Guides
http://www.croyde-surf-cam.com/onlinesurfschool/wetsuits.htm
http://www.santabarbarasurfing.com/guide/wetsuit.html
Site Meter